Happy new year and welcome to 2017! I hope that you all had a great festive season and gained everything you wanted to last year. With a new year generally comes a review of the last and new goals looking forward.
With 2016 being my first year really getting stuck in to OCR and fitness events, here is a short review of how I did last year:
- 10 events including 8 mud runs and 2 races with a combined distance of 100km/60 miles
- Gained my first Spartan TRIFECTA
- Tried my first Nuclear Race, Bear Grylls Survival Race and Mens Health Survival of the Fittest
- Completed the Three Peaks Challenge
- Started ‘The Urban Challenger’
When condensed into such a small list it doesn’t seem like I did much, but this for me was a massive achievement compared to just going to the gym and jogging for no reason. I turned my attention to training for a purpose which had ultimately raised the level I train too and the amount I enjoy it!
Ok then, out with the old and in with the new! Here are some of the achievements I want in 2017:
- Complete a double TRIFECTA! If you didn’t know what that was it means competing in 2 Spartan Sprints, 2 Spartan Supers and 2 Spartan Beasts in the same callander year! That alone nearly tops what I did last year!
- After loving the Nuclear Race so much, I said that I would aim to complete all three race types netting me the prestige MUDDALLION Medal!
- Complete my first Tough Mudder! I think I’m more then ready to attack ToughMudder after completing a 26km Spartan beast. Time to start collecting them headbands!
- Complete a minimum of 200km worth of events including the ones listed above.
- Focus on ‘The Urban Challenger’ and giving better reviews and more help on training and nutrition.
It’s always great to set clear goals for yourself and work towards them. Remember guys, setting the goal is usually the hardest part. Now it’s time to get out there and hit it!
What health, fitness and race goals have you set for yourself this year? Do you share any of the same goals as myself? If not why don’t you set some smart goals for yourself right now! Let me know in the comments below.